Group tutorial feedback

After coming out of the group tutorial I now feel a lot clearer about what I need to focus down on with my statement of intent and by making it quite specific and clear from the beginning, it will make the briefs a lot easier for me to develop. I picked up on the point that we shouldn't get too engrossed in the writing and researching and that our investigations should be visual. This is always said to us and yet it is still always my downfall when entering a new module or brief and I spend too much time over-thinking everything instead of just doing it! So I am trying to work on this and get things down on paper whenever I can.

I have kick started two briefs already, but they are still in the early design ideas stage, so I want to spend some time gathering relevant research and imagery to help develop my ideas further. I have tried to explore subjects that interest me more and use those as the content, but having a range of products developed and a believable context is what is most important to me, as this is an area that has let me down in the past. Knowing what I want to use it for and where I can realistically imagine my work being from the beginning will help drive my ideas.

The tutorial also helped me perfect my position statement to be something that I am now happy with and everything should relate back to:

Typography and layout for publication and design for print with an interest in hand drawn type and photography.